Mark Lawrenson predicting Liverpool FC will ease to a 2-0 win against Chelsea FC in their Premier League meeting at Anfield on Sunday.

CediLand

Administrator
Staff member
The Reds warmed up for the crunch domestic clash with an uncomplicated 2-0 win over FC Porto in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final at Anfield on Tuesday night.

1555174324231-png.178

Liverpool FC have won their last four Premier League games to remain two points ahead of defending champions Manchester City, although the Citizens have played one game less than the Reds.

The Merseyside outfit famously lost 2-0 to Chelsea FC in 2014 in their third last game of the season to squander control of the title race and ultimately miss out on the crown to Manchester City.

Former Reds defender Lawrenson is backing Liverpool FC to ease to a 2-0 victory over Chelsea FC in their Premier League meeting at Anfield on Sunday evening.

“I think Liverpool will win this whether Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri picks his best team or not,” Lawrenson told .

“I was at Tuesday’s win over Porto in the Champions League and the Reds should have won by more than two goals, but I always felt they could have raised their game at any time.

“They have had a decent rest since Tuesday night and I don’t think they were overstretched in midweek anyhow.”

Liverpool FC rescued a 1-1 draw with Chelsea FC earlier this season after Daniel Sturridge netted a late equaliser to secure a point.

The Reds have finished in second place in 2002, 2009 and 2014 under Gerard Houllier, Rafael Benitez and Brendan Rodgers.

Liverpool FC will be eager to avoid the same fate on Sunday evening given the precarious position in the title race with five games to play.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts