VGMA ban has helped my career – Stonebwoy

OjMiki1

Administrator
Staff member
Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy has downplayed the negative impact of the ban placed on him by the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
1579519876554-png.3638

The ‘Ololo’ hitmaker indicated that the ban has had no negative effect on his career as a musician thus far.

The VGMA board shortly after last year’s edition to mark the scheme’s 20th anniversary, announced that Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale had been stripped off awards won at the 20th edition of the event and banned indefinitely from subsequent events.

This was after the event was marred with incidence of violence and chaos from the camp of both artistes.

In a conversation with MzGee on Showbiz927 on 3FM, the CEO of Burniton Music Group said lifting of the ban will serve as an advantage to the award scheme and not necessarily the artistes involved.

“The VGMA ban has actually helped my career. This is because it hasn’t had any negative effect, then it helped. Its either here or there. I think lifting of the ban is only advantageous to the VGMA scheme to have some of Ghana’s top artistes to get involved in the scheme. So whether they lift it or not, we’ll still continue to do music for Ghana.” Stonebwoy stated

“When they lift the ban, there’s a lot of things to be talked about. There’s meetings to be held amongst the artiste that are involved, so its not only dependent on what they say is a ban lift or placement that matters. That is just 0.00% of the whole issue. That is why I say the ban hasn’t done any harm to me.” He added

Newly appointed PRO of Charter House, Robert Klah told MzGee on 3FM’s Showbuzz on Thursday January 9, 2020 that the new board which is yet to be constituted will determine the fate of both artistes.

” As it stands, the decision of the old board still stands so when the new board is constituted, they can decide whether the ban should be lifted or not. But until the board comes up with any new information regarding the issue, what it is is that, the ban still holds against their participation.” He explained.

Jauns mobilais kazino un pirmais tiessaistes bingo Latvija! Aktualaka informacija par online kazino nozari vienuviet

Инструменты для повышения сексуальной активности и качества половой жизни:

<a href= >купить виагру в киеве</a>

165da63