Thomas Partey launches foundation to help underprivileged footballers

80e026ce7a48530e-jpg.5113
Arsenal Star and Black Stars captain Thomas Partey has launched a foundation in his hometown – Odumase Krobo, with the aim of allowing talented but underprivileged young footballers to make it to the highest stage.

The midfielder who signed for Arsenal on the deadline day of the 2020 summer transfer window started his playing career at Krobo Youth FC –a colts club in Odumase Krobo, managed by his dad, Jacob.
Partey then moved to revelation FC in Ashaiman and to Ghana Premier League side Tema Youth before joining the youth setup of Atletico

Madrid, Partey says it’s his own way of giving back to society.
“Well, I think everyone will understand why this foundation is made or unveiled today. Because knowing where you come from, how hard it is to get to where I am without help is very difficult. So this foundation is made to make all the young ones with the talent to be able to reach where they want to reach – give them the opportunity that they deserve, the opportunity most of us did not get – some of my friends did not get when we were young – so that they’ll be able to be someone or more than me in the future,” he told Joy Sports.

Joe Addo, ex-Black Stars captain and advisor to the current deputy captain of the senior national team, commends the efforts of the player, admitting that the demands of football makes it difficult for active players to engage in such projects.