Stonebwoy, Samini could have gotten Beyonce collabo - Shatta Wale

OjMiki1

Administrator
Staff member
Dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale has indicated that either Stonebwoy or Samini would have been selected if Beyonce hadn't chosen him for a collaboration on her The Lion King: The Gift album.
1563715546088-png.1521

The entertainment industry has been buzzing since news of Beyonce's collaboration with Shatta Wale and other African acts broke.

In an interview on Zylofon TV, Shatta Wale was asked who he thought could have gotten the deal if not him and he mentioned Stonebwoy and Samini.

“If I did not get this deal I am sure either Samini or Stonebwoy would have gotten it. These two acts have also worked hard and deserve any good thing that comes in the industry. Someone like Stone has really worked hard and done so much to put Ghana on the map so yes it could have been any of them," he said.

In answer to how Stonebwoy reacted when the news broke he said, “He called me to congratulate me but then I told him, this gig should have been him and he quickly responded that no, I deserve it, it is for all for us.”

Beyonce in a previous interview explained the motivation behind the collaborations with African acts The Lion King: The Gift.

According to Beyonce, who produced and curated the project, the album was a love letter to Africa hence her decision to feature the best talent from the continent on the record.

"This soundtrack is a love letter to Africa, and I wanted to make sure we found the best talent from Africa, and not just use some of the sounds and did my interpretation of it," she told ABC's Robin Roberts in an interview.

"We've kind of created our own genre and I feel like the soundtrack is the first soundtrack where it becomes visual in your mind. The soundtrack is more than just the music because each song tells the story of the film."