Prince Harry Endorses PTE Joseph Ashiteye Hammond

OjMiki1

Administrator
Staff member
His Royal Highness Prince Harry has sent a letter of endorsement to Private (Pte) Hammond for his selfless fundraising effort towards COVID-19.
1592307983867-png.4618

95 year old veteran Pte Joseph Ashiteye Hammond successfully completed a 14 mile fundraising walk, to raise funds to support frontline workers and vulnerable veterans in Africa.

In his letter, Prince Harry referred to Pte Hammond as ‘admirable, selfless’ and a fine example to all. He also referenced how much of an honour it was for him and Meghan, to have met Pte Hammond at the ‘Field of Remembrance’ event in London (2019).

Responding to the letter, Pte Hammond expressed great joy saying

“This is such a wonderful surprise. It is absolutely marvellous and I am so overwhelmed to receive this message from such an honourable man. To me, a good name is better than riches because of the posterity you leave behind. I will hold this in my heart forever and I will like to thank Prince Harry for this amazing gift.”

In addition to this honour from Prince Harry, Pte Hammond was also given the opportunity to meet former President of Ghana, Jerry John Rawlings. In the meeting H.E Rawlings pledged financially towards the cause and urged other former presidents and institutions to also support this noble cause.

Funds currently raised stands at £28,000 and will be used to purchase PPEs and essentials for healthcare workers, as well as help vulnerable veterans. Fundraising is still ongoing and all are urged to continue showing support through the just giving platform HERE

The initiative is supported by the GUBA Enterprise and Forces Help Africa.