MoMo vendor jailed for sending GH¢30,000 instead of GH¢3,000

1656139919683-png.5233

A former (MoMo) attendant, 27-year-old Gifty Tetteh, recounts how she was jailed thirty months for claiming she mistakenly cashed out GH¢30,000 instead of GH¢3,000 for a customer in 2018.

She said she operated a busy joint together with her employer at Afariwaa, a suburb of Tema.

In an interview with Crime Check TV GH, Tetteh said on that faithful day, overwhelmed with customers and in a bid to hurriedly attend to other customers, she entered Thirty Thousand Ghana cedis instead of Three Thousand Ghana cedis to be sent to the customer.

The young lady said she did not notice the erroneous transaction until they had closed and was rendering accounts of the day’s business.

“The customer asked me to send the money to a third party. When I realized the blunder, I drew the attention of my employer who asked me to call the person the money was sent to. The person did not pick up the call so we had to fall on MTN to block the number,” she recalled.

She said before the Telecom giant could block the number to prevent the recipient from cashing out the amount, “the person had emptied his account.”

source: Ghanaweb