‘Wizkid is a legend, an icon’—Davido

OjMiki1

Administrator
Staff member
DMW boss, Davido, has finally paid his respects to his musical rival Wizkid, by referring to him as a legend and an icon.
1568806759187-png.2378

For a very long time, there has been an indirect competition between the two artistes over who is better at his craft and while the two have gone at each other a number of times, the dust has settled and Davido has acknowledged the impact of Wizkid in the music industry.

It all begun when Davido went on Twitter to thank Adekunle Gold for his role in one of his new songs on his upcoming album.

“One of my favourite songs on my upcoming album was Co-written by @adekunleGOLD !!! Thanks for your touch on this! God bless you, brother, #Agoodtime” he said.

This tweet did not go down well with some Wizkid fans who trolled him and asked him to learn to write his own songs.

After a little back and forth with Starboy’s fans, Davido stated that Wizkid is a legend and should not associate with fans who try desperately to bring other musicians down.

Check out the interaction below:
1568806609379-png.2375

1568806680049-png.2377

In other news, Davido was on tour with American singer Chris Brown and even performed their smash hit Blow My Mind at the Barclays Center in New York.

Chris also allowed Davido to perform two of his biggest hits Fall and If at the 19,000 capacity venue.

Attachments