“Stop watching those telenovelas” – Speaker of Parliament informs Ghanaian women

tt-jpg.5112
Speaker of Parliament, Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin has discouraged Ghanaians, especially women, from the seeming addiction to foreign telenovelas. Arguably, he said, telenovelas are figments of imagination from the culture they originated from which have been developed into storylines, “Very often, they have no bearing on our culture.”

Rt. Hon. Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin stated that such affection should be directed at reading instead, because their love for the telenovelas is demeaning to them and destroying the Ghanaian culture.
“These days, I have been talking to a lot of women to stop watching those telenovelas because they are corrupting them to the extent that their husbands may no longer know them,” he said.

Mr Bagbin made the call when he launched a book authored by a former First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Kenneth Dzirasah, titled, ‘My defining moments, a trip from the village to Parliament and beyond’.
“I am convinced that the book we are launching today, will serve as a guiding star for those that encounter this book,” he said.